All Music is Amazing & Fantastic


I am a music lover, plain and simple. This straightforward fact was handed down to me by my parents that exposed me to many different types of music even though I would always have a soft spot for Blondie, The Cure, and Abba. My parents also made sure to not censor music, so from a young age I was listening to bands such as Evanescence and My Chemical Romance. (PS trigger warning before this music video because there is a scene that depicts self-harm).

Everybody's Fool Music Video

Funny enough, I watch this with my mom who probably had a very uncomfy yet serious conversation with me regarding the concept of self-harm because younger me did not even know what depression or suicide was. My sister also introduced me to the first band: Green Day, whom I had and still have a strong love and connection with. A very embarrassing note is when I was younger I thought my theme song was “Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams”: Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Even though I realise it is actually “Jesus of Suburbia”: Jesus of Suburbia

However, music does not always need to be this dark. I remember washing our cars on a sunny Saturday morning while singing and dancing (poorly I may add) to “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry with my sister, mom, and dad.

Play that Funky Music

 Or the smell of chocolate chip pancakes with the sticky maple syrup dripping off the pancakes while listening to “My Girl” by the Temptations with my sister, my younger cousin, and I “tried” to help our Baba (grandmother in Macedonian), my mom, and my aunt make breakfast. 

My Girl

As I’ve shown before music is always associated with a certain memory.  Music is also able to remind me of a time that I forgot about; however, it is the emotions or feelings associated with a certain memory. So if you are hoping for a music review website, then sorry to say but this is not the website/ blog for you. 

I believe deeply with my soul that music is able to make us feel emotions whether that be anger, or sadness, or even happiness. Along with the fact that music has also been able to express difficult or confusing emotions that I was unable to communicate verbally with the people around me.  All types or genres of music are beautiful for what it is, nothing less nor nothing more. Even though I would not normally listen to death metal personally (such as Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura, and many more). It does not mean that there is not some sort of complex beauty in it. 

Spirit Crusher by Death

Yes funny enough there is even a death metal band named Death. However, a less extreme death metal song is: Fansong by Metalocalypse: Dethklok








Comments

Post a Comment