3 Female-Led Bands/Duos that I love!!!!!!

     As a music lover, I love learning about new music... there is almost like a fire in my blood that forces me to actively search for new things within music, in all genres. Since I was basically shown rock music by my parents and my older sister, I truly enjoy "discovering" new rock groups, bands, duo, etc. Now with the streaming era of music, it may seem easy to find new artists to listen; however, whenever I come across a new, cool artist... I sometimes only look at a couple songs. Some of my all-time favorite bands are Paramore and Evanescence, so whenever I find a new female-led band/duo to obsessive over I am truly excited and full of renewed life and energy. However, with the female-led bands/duos that I am about to mention, you should listen to their entire discography because they all only write and create slaps and bops.

#1: The Beaches 

Recommended Songs: Desdemona; Gold; Give It Up; The Dance; Highway 6. 

The first song that I actually heard from The Beaches was "Give It Up," and I was totally hooked. I really do not know what it was about them but I have been a huge fan since, but when I think about it again maybe it was because of the piano in the song. All their songs have a catchy tone about them; however, they are far from ordinary. Each of their songs has a different vibe about them yet they are all very good songs to dance to or songs to bump your confidence up. Some technical knowledge about the band is the members are Jordan Miller, Kylie Miller, Leandra Earl, and Eliza Enman-McDaniel thus meaning that there are four amazingly talented females in the band. Their genres are also indie rock, dance-rock, and pop-rock thus explaining why all the songs make me wanna dance around my room like I am in some indie movie during a club scene. 

#2: The Aquadolls

Recommended Songs: Troubled Valentine; Charles Manson (Teenage Creep); Communicationissexy/Idkhow2communicate; Whoa Man; I'm a Star.

The first song that I heard from The Aquadolls was "Communicationissexy/Idkhow2communicate" and that song actually made me cry because of the line "All I want is somebody to talk to", and something about that hit me in my feels. It actually took me a while to listen to the whole discography because I guess you could say I am 'lazy" in the sense that I am sometimes overwhelmed with music. However, once I listened to their songs, they all have different moods and vibes, so instead of trying to describe them as a whole, I will describe the songs that I picked out. Starting with "Troubled Valentine", it has a retro feeling to it; however, you cannot really trace down what time it would belong in. The next song "Charles Manson (Teenage Creep)" is the calmest song that I choose, but I feel like it shows how the band started since the lead singer and songwriter Melissa Brooks. The second to last song is "Whoa Man" is the "heaviest" song that I choose for them because it feels like it gives you a broad example of what their music is. It is like a modern example of what heavy psychedelic music can sound like. The last song is "I'm a Star" has an energetic feeling and it really makes you want to jump around your room like a weirdo, and I am saying that in the best way possible. Some technical knowledge about the band is the members are Melissa Brooks (the lead singer and songwriter), Jackie Proctor (drummer and backup vocals), and Keilah Nina (bassist and backup vocal) thus meaning that they are the dreamiest trio that makes up the extremely talented band.

#3:  Baby Yaga

Recommended Songs: One of a Million; Needed You; Ah; Going to Hell; Right Love.

I actually do not remember how I heard about the band Baby Yaga; however, it feels like I have always known about them. Maybe it is because of the fact that they sound like they came straight out of the '90s with their upbeat/energetic grungy sound that is totally electrifying. The band involves singer and guitarist Presley Randall (we love a multitalented queen), bassist Avery Greeson (we stan a bop maker), and drummer D.J. Edwards (we stan a lowkey businessman because he founded Real South Records). My two favorite songs that I recommended are "Right Love" and "Ah". I love "Right Love" because it truly shows what it is like trying to find someone to love in modern life... because even if you find the right person, it may not be the right time to love them fully and wholly. "Ah" has a mysterious vibe to it that creates a whole atmosphere that changed between introspection to lashing out at the people around you. 


Comments